Thursday, September 10, 2009

News and such

Gosh, it’s been a really long time since I’ve updated. Since my last post there have been some very important milestones in my life that need to be mentioned, in, of course, a list fashion.

  • I got pregnant.
What? Isn't that enough?

Just kidding. There's more.
  • I found out I was pregnant about two weeks later, after having consumed enough alcohol in the prior two weeks to do some severe damage to my liver. I mean, I drank a lot for even me. Yikes.
  • Like clockwork, immediately after finding out I was pregnant I was sick every day for the next four months.
  • Went to Maine on vacation with my hubby during the brief time I actually felt okay during the pregnancy (my glorious second trimester only lasted 3 weeks).
  • Like clockwork, immediately after coming home from vacation I started to feel really fat and tired.
  • Quit my job (yeay!!)
And here I am, with less than two months to go until EDD (estimated due date for you novices). Baby is pounding away on my bladder, ribs, and anything he/she can get a hold of.

If I sound a bit negative about the pregnancy, it's because it sucks. I'm sorry I'm not one of those women who feels healthy and sexy during their pregnancy.

So far, I have lost the ability to do the following: cut my toenails, shave my bikini area, sit still, stand still, lay on my back, go for longer than 3 hours without peeing, go for longer than 10 minutes without yawning, bend over, pick something up from the floor without straining, and once in a while, I lose control of my emotions and my eyes tear up with a vengeance over something trivial.

Now, I do appreciate the fact that I am pregnant, as there are so many women who try and try to become pregnant and would gladly trade places with me. I am extremely blessed by the Gods in this regard. That doesn't mean I have to be fake and pretend like it is the greatest feeling in the world, does it? Hey, I tell it like it is (for me).

I have to mention D has been really amazing throughout this ordeal, uh, pregnancy. He even cut my toenails yesterday! The biggest thing he did for me was to not give me a guilt trip about quitting my job. He's been so supportive. Of course, he does expect me to make some money selling insurance from home at some point. I'm committed to not letting him down.

So that's what's been going on.

No comments: